Friday 6 April 2012

Challenge 46 - Quilling or colour? Scrapbooking or cardmaking?

Hey, everyone!! Happy April! Can you believe it's April already?!?!?

This picture is your inspiration for this month - so what will you take from it? The quilling? The colours? The stationery theme? The motion of the paper?
Isn't it fabulous?!?!
Here's what Team A created:


Jolanda

My little artist got her hands on facepaint....and she told me she could make a perfect butterfly...well this was the result....(she's only 4,so I think this is a perfect butterfly in her eyes)
Used a white cardstock,paint and some papers,stitched some paper and the quilled fruit are stickers....(sorry to say that,but its true...and they are sweet arn't they?:)
Kat:
I had a fun time with this layout. I was most inspired by the paint chips, so I made sure to include a paint chip in my layout. You can't tell from this picture, but the paint chip is actually called "Carribean Sea," which is where this pic was taken!



Kerry:

I took my inspiration from the paint chips aswell and raided the Dulux section at B&Q. I added a doily on top of a Websters Pages 6x6 sheet, I made some felt flowers and added some Primas plus a Websters Pages bloomer.  I wanted to incorporate the swirls of the quilling as it is a large part of the inspirational picture. I used a white pencil in the top corner and went over it with some watered down ink. I finished it off by journalling on white strips of cardstock about the crazy record breaking weather we have had in the UK this spring.

When I saw the inspiration photo the colors and swirls popped out at me! As you can see from this layout, I love liquid pearls! And it was so much fun creating all the flowers and swirls in these vibrant colors. All the liquid pearl embellishments were created on craft plastic and the paper flowers were from my stash which I misted with some awesome colors.


Misty Russell

Hi all, I really wanted to try some quilling with this one,  but I chickened out!  So I decided to just use the colors as my inspiration and went crazy and messy with it.  The title letters and wonky flourish chippy's are from scrapfx!

Ashley
 So I can't quill ... at all. Sorry :( I decided to go with the colors and if you look really closely I used swirls as a mask. I also used paper strips. I basically treated this as a school art project and I had so much fun!!

And one from Cheryl who is actually away right now so i stole this super cool layout from her blog as it has a cute wee quilled heart on it!!


and the heart:


Tam
As always link up by the end of the month :) We love to see what you create!


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a challenge!

    -kory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool work ladies,!!!What a splashes og colors!!I LOVE it!!
    Have a nice and hoppy easter!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and colorful layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work Team A!!! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and playing along with the punky scrap rebels!!
xxx